Institute of Banking Personnel Selection is going to conduct common written examination for clerk post for 19 public sector banks. The IBPS Clerk CWE will be taken online. Examination will be taken in the months of November and December. The pattern of the examination has also changed this time. We will discuss the pattern of the examination below. You can download this article as PDF at the end of the article.
The candidates who have passed high school with 60%, intermediate with 50% and have graduation degree can give the IBPS CWE and their age should be between 18 to 28 years.
Here is the Syllabus/Pattern of the IBPS Clerk CWE 2014 :
There are 5 different sections in clerk CWE. If you gave IBPS Clerk CWE 2012-2013, then you already know. However those are new, here are the section names :
- English Language
- Numerical Ability
- General Awareness
- Computer Knowledge
There will be a total of 200 questions. 40 Questions for each section are allotted by the IBPS Committee. Total marks will be 200 and time duration to solve the paper is 120 minutes i.e. 2 hours. Earlier the no. of questions were 250 and time allotted was 150 minutes but IBPS changed the pattern this time.
Negative marking is also there. If any answer is wrong then 0.25 marks will be deducted from the total obtained marks out of 200. So the trick is if you are not sure about the answer then don’t tick it. Every mark obtained by you will make a difference in you ranking.
Check this out :Best Books for IBPS Clerk Common Exam 2013-2014
The IBPS Clerk 2014 Paper will be available in both Hindi and English Language except English section. You can check this information while downloading your admit card from the IBPS website.
Let’s check the clerk syllabus section wise.
1. Test of Reasoning – The reasoning section includes following topics : Series, Blood relation, coding/decoding, Analogy, decision making, Symbol and notation,Symbols, Sitting arrangement,Statement and conclusion, series completion and classification. There may be other miscellaneous questions which can be asked in this section.
2. Test of English Language : The English section includes : Synonyms, Antonyms, Homonyms, Sentence Completion, Word formation, Sentence rearrangement, Passage completion and various other grammar related topics which basically check your grammar level in English.
3. Numerical Ability – If you even gave any competitive exam then you already know that numerical ability topics are always common. From Time-work to Data interpretation, everything is going to come. Simply purchase a RS AGGARWAL Quantitative Aptitude book and solve all the topics from it.
4. General Awareness – General knowledge section is the most common section in every competitive exam. You simply need to prepare as much as you can. However for IBPS Clerk, you must also have a strong knowledge on Banking Industry because number of question will be asked from banking sector. You must also prepare Current Affairs. LUCENT’s General knowledge and current affairs book is one of the most preferred book by candidates for this section.
5. Computer Knowledge – This section includes basic of MS Office, Windows and Internet. It may also includes question of operating systems and various other basic computer related questions. It’s one of the most easiest section for everyone specially if you are from engineering background.
Click on the link and when it opens Click on File and then Click on Download. You can also press CTRL+ S when the link opens to save the webpage as PDF.