Current affairs is most important section which is very difficult if you do not update it date by date. if you want to make it easy then you have update it day by day. Almost GK has become an essential part of every competitive exam. So if you are preparing for competitive exam then read daily news paper and Gk updates. We updates daily Gk updates date by date. you can read here daily GK updates. Today’s GK updates is below –
Here is Today’s GK updates:-
- Union Health Secretary C.K. Mishra has launched “Saathiya Resource Kits” that will provide information on adolescent related issues such as puberty and mental health, among others.
The resource kit comprises of an Activity Book, Bhranti-Kranti Game, a Question-Answer Saathiya KitsBook and a Peer Educator Diary.
- Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has approved the signing of Air Services Agreement (ASA) between India and Greece.The Agreement has the potential to spur greater trade, investment, tourism and cultural exchange between the two countries bringing it in tune with the developments in the civil aviation sector.
- The RBI is not aware of the number of bank accounts in which more than Rs 2.5 lakh in the scrapped currency notes of Rs 500 and Rs 1,000 were deposited between November 8 and December 30, 2016 under the Right to Information Act.The RBI also did not have the number of accounts in co-operative banks in which more than Rs 2.5 lakh were deposited in the scrapped notes during the period.
- The first heliport in India will be inaugurated by Civil Aviation Minister Ashok Gajapathi Raju in North Delhi on (28 February 2017). The heliport, built by state-owned Pawan Hans, consists of a terminal building, nine parking bays and four hangars with a parking capacity of 16 helicopters. It was built at an investment of ₹100 crore.
- At a time when cyber attacks are increasing Union Minister of Electronics and IT Ravi Shankar Prasad launched Cyber Swachhta Kendra in New Delhi for Botnet cleaning and Malware analysis as a part of digital India initiative. He also launched two mobile apps. Mkavach to protect smart phones and tablets from hackers. Samvid to protect Desktops from suspicious applications from running.
- India and China will hold their first Strategic Dialogue in Beijing. The two sides are expected to discuss all issues of mutual concern and interest including friction points.External Affairs spokesman Vikas Swarup stated that two countries will discuss all issues of mutual interest in bilateral, regional and international domain.
- The Gujarat Assembly passed Aadhaar (Targeted Delivery of Financial and Other Subsidies, Benefits and Services) Bill, 2017 to empower the state government to use Aadhaar number as the sole identifier for the delivery of various subsidies and benefits in an effective and targeted manner.This bill will help the government create a credible system to authenticate the identity of actual beneficiaries. The assembly also passes two other bills which includes the Gujarat Panchayats (Amendment) Bill and the Gujarat Town Planning and Urban Development (Amendment) Bill.
- Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Pema Khandu in the presence of Union Minister of State for Home Affairs Kiren Rijiju inaugurated the Composite Regional Centre at Itanagar Banquet Hall, Arunachal Pradesh.To create resources and infrastructure required for developing services for persons with disabilities with an outlay of Rs.20 Crore. The centre is established under the National Institute for Locomotor Disabilities (NILD), Kolkata.
- Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs, CCEA has approved investment proposal for generation component of Arun-3 Hydro Electric Project in Nepal by SJVN Limited. Power Minister Piyush Goyal stated that the decision demonstrates government’s commitment to promote clean and green energy in India and the sub continent.
- Ministry of Textiles and Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment have come together to step up interventions for the economic development of an estimated 12 lakh scheduled caste artisans. An MoU was signed between Development Commissioner (Handicrafts), Ministry of Textiles and National Scheduled Castes Finance and Development Corporation (NSFDC) with the objective of working together to improve the earnings of artisans across the country, belonging to Scheduled Castes categories.
- J & K Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti has declared 2017 as ‘Year of Apple’ to promote the famed Kashmiri apples in domestic and foreign markets.She also launched the High Density Apple Plantation Scheme in Srinagar to provide 50% subsidy.
- Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI) has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Vijaya Bank for providing concessional finance to micro and small enterprises (MSEs). The MoU aims at promoting and strengthening units in the MSE segment through concessional funding that is at the marginal cost of funds-based lending rate (MCLR) of Vijaya Bank under refinance from SIDBI.
- The Telangana Government led by K. Chandrashekar Rao signed an Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with NABARD for a loan of Rs 874 crore .This loan will be used for Horticulture Development Corporation to cover 3.15 lakh acres under Micro Irrigation scheme for 2016-17 and 2017-18.
- Union Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu commissioned the fourth ship of Indian Coast Guard named ‘Shaunak’, in the series of six offshore patrol vessels (OPV) in Vasco, located in South Goa. ‘Shaunak’ has been designed and built indigenously by Goa Shipyard Ltd that can carry one twin engine light helicopter and five high speed boats.
- Azerbaijan’s President Ilham Aliyev appointed his wife Mehriban Aliyev as the First Vice President of the country. The position was created after a constitutional referendum in September, 2016. According to Azerbaijan’s constitution, the First Vice President takes over the country’s presidency if the president is unable to perform the duties.
- Direct-to-home operator Dish TV joined hands with India’s largest private sector lender ICICI bank for digital payments. It will enable customers to do recharge through unified payment interface (UPI) transactions.
- For the first time, Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) has signed a Technology Partnership MoU with two Singapore agencies International Enterprise (IE) Singapore and the Singapore Business Federation (SBF) to promote expertise in expanding businesses.It will help build platforms to forge partnerships that connect our small enterprises and startups.
- Justice Abhay Manohar Sapre has been appointed the chairman of Cauvery Water Disputes Tribunal (CWDT). He was nominated for the post by Chief Justice J.S. Khehar. The post fell vacant following the resignation of Justice Balbir Singh Chauhan.
- The chief minister Chandrababu Naidu and Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella singed an MoU during an event called ‘Microsoft Future Decoded’ in Mumbai.Under the MoU, Microsoft Azure Stack for the first time in the world will be used to migrate live applications currently hosted in Hyderabad State Data Centre (SDC) to Vizag data centre.
- A zip line connecting Spain and Portugal, is known to be the first cross-border zip line in the world. The 720-metre-long zip line joins the two countries, allowing people to reach Portugal within a minute. On reaching Portugal, the participants gain one hour because of the time zone change.
- American professional golfer Dustin Hunter Johnson has claimed No 1 Position in Official World Golf Ranking for the first time in his career. This feat comes after he ended up with a world-class performance by winning Genesis Open 2017 at Riviera.
- The Haryana government gave away the Bhim awards to 42 sports persons of the state, spotting them for their outstanding performance at the national and international fronts between the years 2013 and 2017. The awards were given by the Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar and Governor Kaptan Singh Solanki at a function held at Haryana Raj Bhawan.
iii. A total prize money of Rs 2.10 crore was distributed among the 42 sports persons and the awardees would be presented Bhim award. Here are some best books of General Knowledge for competition 2016-17:-