Current affairs is most important section which is very difficult if you do not update it date by date. if you want to make it easy then you have update it day by day. Almost GK has become an essential part of every competitive exam. So if you are preparing for competitive exam then read daily news paper and Gk updates. We updates daily Gk updates date by date. you can read here daily GK updates. Today’s GK updates is below –
Here is Today’s GK updates:-
- Hailed as the country’s first woman teacher, Savitribai Phule was also a social worker and a poet. Born on January 3, 1831, in Maharashtra’s Naigaon.
- Govt’s online payments app, BHIM is now the number one free app on Google Play Store. The app was launched by PM Modi to simplify digital payments.
- India has ranked third among the countries offering the highest average annual salary to expatriates, according to HSBC Holdings data.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurate the five-day annual Indian Science Congress at the Sri Venkateswara University.
- Chandrababu Naidu, Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh has launched a new health scheme, Arogya Raksha Scheme Tummalapalli Kalakshetram in Vijayawada to provide the medical treatment to the people of the Above Poverty Line at Rs. 1200 premium per annum.
- Housing, auto and corporate loans are all set to become cheaper with half a dozen PSU and private banks steeply reducing benchmark lending rate by up to 1.48% after spurt in deposits following demonetisation.
Minister of State for Minority Affairs Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi has launched mobile app ‘Haj Committee of India’, which will provide information and facilitate e-payments for Haj pilgrimage.
- Maharashtra government will organise a Digi Dhan Mela in Mumbai under the aegis of central government’s Lucky Grahak Yojana for Consumers and Digi-Dhan Vyapar Yojana for traders.
- Maharashtra Government has declared to ban the use of Purse Seine Nets for fishing across Maharashtra to safeguard the Fingerlings, a fish species.
- David R Syiemlieh has been appointed today as the Chairman of the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC).
- The Senate Functional Committee on Human Rights unanimously approved the Hindu Marriages Bill on 2nd January 2017.
- The U.S. e-commerce giant, Amazon has been awarded a patent for launching a giant flying warehouse that would act as a launch pad for drones to deliver items within minutes.
- Russia has finally delivered four Sukhoi Su-35 fighter jets to China after a delay of two years.
- Karnataka minister for co-operation and sugar H S Mahadeva Prasad passed away in Bangalore due to cardiac arrest. He was 58 years old.
- China’s table tennis Olympic champion Li Xiaoxia has announced her retirement.
- Here are some best books of General Knowledge for competition 2016-17:-