Current affairs or daily GK updates is the most important portion for every competitive examination. Many students give examination in English and also many students give exam in Hindi. So we have decided that we will updates daily GK Update in both Hindi and English language. If you want to read GK Updates in Hindi then click on links which are given below.
Here is today’s GK updates:-
- The Government of India has increased the minimum monthly pension to 9,000 per person, besides a two-fold hike in exgratia amount for central government employees.
- NITI Aayog has projected the India GDP growth rate of 8 Percent for 2016-17 based on the appraisal document for the Twelfth Five-Year Plan.
- Retail inflation fell to a nearly 3-year low of 3.41 % in December 2016, from 3.63 % in November 2016.
- Global unemployment is expected to rise by 3.4 million in 2017 despite a likely modest pick-up in economic growth at 3.4% this year and 3.6% in 2018, against a six-year low of 3.1% in 2016, a new report by the International Labour Organisation.
- Allaying fears of a slowdown following demonetisation, the country’s industrial production grew 5.7% in November 2016, compared to a contraction of 3.4% in November 2015.
- The world’s first ‘Gender Literature Festival’ is scheduled to be held in Patna, Bihar in the second week of April 2017 The main aim of the fest to create a platform, to exchange ideas, and to share and learn experiences of renowned people in the field of gender literature.
- Tata Consultancy Services has appointed Rajesh Gopinathan, the current chief financial officer, as CEO of the company. He replaces N Chandrasekaran, who has been named the chairperson of Tata Sons.
- State-run NTPC has signed a non-binding agreement with Rajasthan Rajya Vidyut Utpadan Nigam Ltd and Rajasthan Urja Vikas Nigam Ltd to take over Chhabra Thermal Power Plant.
- Mahindra Asset Management Company Pvt. Ltd (MAMCPL) launched an open-ended scheme Mahindra Mutual Fund Dhan Sanchay Yojna scheme to generate long-term returns through investment in equity and debt.
- Moving ahead with the strategic sale of Pawan Hans, the government sell its entire 51% stake and transfer the management control of the helicopter service operator.
- .XCMG, a China-headquartered global construction machinery company, will invest ₹150 million in a new manufacturing unit in India for construction and material-handling machines.
- Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe has signed a 1-trillion yen, about 8.7 billion dollars, aid package over the next five years to the Philippines, meant to improve economic and political relations between the two island nations.
- Congress leader and former Union Minister Manish Tewari was appointed as the senior fellow of US-based think tank Atlantic Council .
- BJP Mumbai unit chief Ashish Shelar has been appointed as Maharashtra Cricket Association (MCA) president. Sylar takes over from the former ICC president Sharad Pawar.
- Consulate General of India in Dubai has announced launch of the ‘Diplomats Cricket Championship Cup’ in association with the Skyline University College, Sharjah, to promote sportsmanship, camaraderie, and harmonious relationship among the diplomatic missions of UAE.
To read daily GK Updates in Hindi, click on link.
Here are some best books of General Knowledge for competition 2016-17:-