Staff selection commission is going to conduct junior engineer exam for the posts for Electrical, civil and mechanical engineering. The paper I of the recruitment will be conducted in the month of January 2018. The exam will be conducted in two phases i.e. Paper I and paper II. The paper I will be an objective type paper while paper II will be purely descriptive paper. The paper I of the Mechanical engg. will consist of 3 section. General Intelligence, general awareness and technical paper (General engineering) are 3 section in which a total of 200 questions will come. 50 questions in reasoning and general awareness and 100 question will come in general engineering paper.
The exam will be a total of 200 marks. There is 1/4th negative marking in the paper. Paper I will be conducted in 2 shifts. One shift in the morning and the other will be in the afternoon sessions. If you have filled the form for the post of SSC JE Mechanical Engg. then your practice should be at the highest level as there is no time left. You should practice papers as much as you can. Hopefully you must have prepared GK and reasoning. We are going to list some of the practice set books that you can purchase and practice in the remaining days before exam.
Best Books for SSC JE Mechanical Engineering Technical Paper I :
- SSC-JE (Tier-1) Mechanical Engineering Previous Years Papers 2007-2016 18 Sets (Bilingual)
- SSC JE: Mechanical Engineering – Topicwise Previous Solved Papers
- SSC JE Mechanical Engineering 10 Solved Papers & 10 Practice Papers
- SSC JE Mechanical Engineering Solved Papers (Hindi)
- Ssc Je 2017 Staff Selection Commission Objective Paper 1 Mechanical Engineering Previous Years Solved (English and Hindi Medium
In case you haven’t prepared GK and Reasoning till now then get these books:
Prepare the technical paper of the paper I strongly. The paper I is considered as prelims. You just have to clear the cutoff for the paper. The paper II of the SSC junior engineer Mechanical engineering post will be totally descriptive. If you are not that strong in the technical aspects of mechanical engg. then it will be very difficult to clear the exam. You should prepare for the technical paper as much as possible. Getting good marks in the prelims will boost your confidence for mains exam.
Below is the technical syllabus for the JE Mechanical Engineering paper :
- Theory of Machines and Machine Design.
- Engineering Mechanics and Strength of Materials.
- Properties of Pure Substances.
- 1st Law of Thermodynamics.
- 2nd Law of Thermodynamics.
- IC Engines Combustion.
- Air standard Cycles for IC Engines.
- IC Engine Performance.
- IC Engine Cooling & Lubrication.
- Rankine cycle of System.
- Fitting & Accessories.
- Air Compressors & their cycles.
- Refrigeration cycles.
- The principle of Refrigeration Plant.
- Nozzles & Steam Turbines.
- Properties & Classification of Fluids.
- Fluid Statics, Measurement of Fluid Pressure.
- Fluid kinematics.
- Dynamics of Ideal fluids.
- Measurement of Flow rate.
- Basic principles.
- Hydraulic Turbines.
- Centrifugal Pumps.
- Classification of steels
Try to practice papers from previous years. Purchase one of the books above and start practicing daily and give atleast 2 sets of paper in a day to get strong into the technical part. You should practice as much as possible in the remaining days before exam. Paper I will be conducted in the 2nd week of January. You still have enough time to complete papers in practice sets given at the top. Get your preparation right and get good marks in prelims.