Staff selection commission has conducted examination of Combine Graduate level. Candidate who damn sure that they have clear the first tier, it time to start preparation for tier two level. As SSC CGL Second tier exam is consider as a little tougher than tier I. So you have to be prepared for this examination Sharply. You have to make a time table and start study according to it. You have to convert your weakness into your strength.
Read More: Best English Language Books for DSSSB 2017
In this article, We will discuss about General Awareness section. This is the easiest section among all sections but this section requires more observation. You have to read daily news papers and other information relating to market sector, banking sector and worldwide current affairs. Before starting preparation, you have to know about syllabus. If you have applied for Assistant Audit officer then only you have to appear for General Awareness Section. So you have applied for Assistant Audit Officer, you have to be prepared for this section.
Syllabus of General Awareness for SSC CGL Tier II 2017
General Awareness paper would comprise in two parts- Finance & Accounts and Economics and Governance. The syllabus of both topic is given below.
Finance and Accounting
- Fundamental principles and basic concept of Accounting.
- Financial Accounting: Nature and scope, Limitations of Financial Accounting, Basic concepts and Conventions, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Basic concepts of accounting: Single and double entry, Bank Reconciliation, ledgers, Journal, Books of original Entry, Rectification of Errors, Trial Balance, Trading, Profit & loss Appropriation Accounts, Manufacturing, Balance Sheet Distinction between Capital and Revenue Expenditure, Depreciation Accounting, Valuation of Inventories, Receipts and Payments and Income & Expenditure Accounts, Non-profit organisations Accounts, Bills of Exchange, Self Balancing Ledgers.
Economics and Governance
- Comptroller & Auditor General of India- Constitutional provisions, Roles and responsibilities.
- Finance Commission-Role and functions.
- Basic Concept of Economics and introduction to Micro Economics, Central problems of an economy and Production possibilities curve and Methods of economic study.
- Theory of Demand and Supply, Elasticity, Price, Income and cross elasticity, Theory of consumer’s behaviour-Marshallian approach and Indifference curve approach, meaning and determinants of supply, Law of supply and Elasticity of Supply.
- Theory of Production and cost Meaning and Factors of production, Laws of production – Law of variable proportions 22 and Laws of returns to scale.
- Forms of Market and price determination in different markets.
- Indian Economy, Population, Poverty, Unemployment, Growth, Infrastructure, etc.
- Economic Reforms in India since 1991; Liberalisation, Privatisation, Globalisation and Disinvestment.
- Money and Banking.
- Role of Information Technology in Governance
These chapters would come in SSC CGL General Awareness Section So you have to well prepared for this exam. I have shared some Best books for General Awareness section below so if you want to buy just click on given link.
Best General Awareness Books for SSC CGL Tier II 2017
- Accounting and Finance for Bankers Paperback – 2015
by Med (Author) Best Seller
- Financial Accounting: A Managerial Perspective2014
- ACCOUNTING AND FINANCE FOR BANKERS GUIDE TO JAIIB Q&A2016
- General Awareness for SSC Exams – CGL/CHSL/MTS/GD Constable/Stenographer7 February 2017
by Disha Experts
- SSC CGL TIER 1 & TIRE 2 EXAMINATION SOLVED PAPER2017
by KIRAN PUBLICATION
- Crack SSC CGL (Tier I & Tier II) Exam (Guide/25 Practice Sets)12 July 2017
by Disha Experts
Best tips and tricks for General Awareness
- Read daily news paper and update your current affairs on daily basis.
- Just make a note to learn daily current affairs and daily important current affairs.
- Make time table for learning History, politics.
- Learn about government latest scheme as demonetization, SBI interest rate and Swchchhta abhiyan and many others.
- Winning Awards and contribution of award winners.
- Learn famous book’s name and its writer’s name.
- Oscar winner name and Oscar winning films name.
- Make a list of country and its capital name and also list of country and its currency name.
- Learn the list on daily basis, If you read the list daily, it will automatically learn by heart to you.
- Give mock test on computer and increase your speed with best accuracy.
I have mentioned syllabus of General Awareness below so just read it and work hard equally on each sector. Best of luck.