State bank of India has announced examination of Probationary officer. If you have confidence that you will clear the prelims exam then you can start preparation of SBI mains exam. Candidates in a huge number appear in examination but only best ones are selected as a PO. There is no secret to success in this exam, only hard work can make you successful in this exam. So you have to work hard to clear this examination. Be optimistic. Now you have clear the first level of this examination and you are going to start preparation for second level of this exam.This level is toughest exam. You have to gather good material to clear this level as- previous paper, good book and a good group.
The thing that candidates need to know the pattern of this exam. If you understood the pattern well, the SBI preparation will itself become effective. First of all plan your time table. There are some changes make in this year in SBI PO mains.
Pattern of SBI PO mains- 2016
After qualifying the prelims, candidates appear in mains examination. It is an online test consists of objective test for 200 marks and descriptive test for 50 marks.
Name of subject Questions marks Duration
- Reasoning and computer aptitude 45 60 60 minutes
- Data analysis and interpretation 35 60 45 minutes
- General / banking awareness / economy 40 40 35 minutes
- English Language 35 40 40 minutes
Total 155 200 3 hour
Here are some the best books for SBI PO mains exam —
- SBI PO Probationary Officer Phase – II (Main) Online Exam Superfast Practice Set
- Comprehensive Guide to SBI Bank PO Preliminary & Main Exam 2016 by Disha expert
- SBI PO Examination 20 Practice Sets: 20 Practice Sets Phase-2 Main Examination 48 % off
- Target SBI Bank Preliminary & Main PO Exam – 20 Practice Sets Workbook with Online Tests by Disha expert
- SBI PO Examination 20 Practice Sets
SBI had previously conducted recruitment for 2000 for SBI PO mains vacancies in 2015. As competition level is very high, cut offs are also very high. Below are the main exam cutoff fixed by the bank.
Total marks of mains (objective + descriptive) Gen OBC SC ST 250 124.25 110.75 89 79
As according to above stats candidates have to work hard to clear the cut off specially for general category. Be optimistic. Positive thoughts leads to positive outcome. One should never lose hope. you will only succeed in the examination if you feel positive and motivated. Buy books and start preparation for your dream. Solve previous year paper and practice daily by practice set. your are one step away from your dream. Best of Luck