Institute of Banking Personnel Selection has announced RRB recruitment 2017. Candidates who eligible for this exam can apply. There are 15000+ vacancies ( State wise). It is good opportunity for the candidate who wants to make their carrier in banking sector. Registration has been started from 24-07-2017 to 14-08-2017. So if you’re eligible for this exam, fill registration form within time. For more information, you can read official notification. To read click on given link below.
There are only two types of questions in prelims Reasoning and Quantitative Aptitude. In this article, we will discuss about quantitative aptitude for preparation of IBPS RRB. If you want to be prepared for RRB, first of all you have to know about it’s syllabus and question paper pattern. So lets know about syllabus and after syllabus we will discuss about some tips and tricks for preparation of quantitative aptitude.
Read More: Tips and tricks for SSC 10+2 exam 2017
IBPS RRB Quantitative Aptitude Syllabus 2017-18
The questions are asked from various topics which is given below. It is very easy to prepare any subject syllabus wise. So let’s know about syllabus. I have also mentioned some best books for the best preparation of IBPS RRB exam. These books are written by best writer and competitive exam expert.
Quantitative Aptitude section consists of 40 questions and questions are come from many topic which are given below.
1. Simplification- Almost five question come from this chapter. BODMAS rule, Approximation, Decimal, Fractions, Surds and indices, Percentage are the topics which are asked from this chapter. This Chapter is Easy to Solve and less time consuming.
2. Average:- Almost 0 to 1 question is asked from this chapter. Average weight/Age/Height/ Marks, Average Money expenditure, Average Temperature are the topic which are asked from this chapter. This chapter is also easy to solve and less time consuming.
3. Percentage:- Almost 1 to 2 questions are asked from this chapter. Only simple percentage problems are asked. So if you practice well on this chapter, you can easily solve the question. It is less time consuming topics.
4. Data Interpretation:- Almost 5 to 10 questions are asked from chapter. So now you have come to know that how important this chapter is. So you have to practice more in this chapter. Line Graphs, Bar Graphs, Pie Charts, Tables, miscellaneous info graphics, Missing Data type caselets are the topic which are normally asked in this examination. You have to have high accuracy to solve these types of questions. It is moderate time consuming.
5. Quadratic Equation:- Almost 0 to 5 questions ( as 1 set of 5 or will not appear) are asked from this chapter. In this types of question, it is asked to compare values x and y when there are two equation are given. So if you follow the proper step, it is very easy to solve and it need high accuracy. These types questions are less time consuming.
6. Number series:- Almost 5 questions are asked from this chapter. It is very important to practice regular. Complete the series, Find the missing term, Find the wrong term are the topics which are asked from this topics.
7. Data Sufficiency:- Almost 0 to 5 questions are asked from this chapter. There are many topics which are asked from this topics as – Number system, Averages, Percentage, Ratio and proportion, Profit and Loss, Simple and Compound Interest, Time, Speed and Distance, Time and work, Problem on age, Mensuration and Mixture and allegation etc. It is moderate in Difficulty and moderately time consuming.
8. Permutation and Combination/Probability:- Almost 0 to 1 question is asked from this chapter. Sometimes you will not face any problem related to probability. Basic Selection and Arrangement Problems, Probability are basically asked from this chapter. If you consider all cases, it is a scoring chapter. It is less time consuming.
If you want to prepare well, you have to buy the best books for competitive exams. I have given some best books which are high rated and much liked by reader. So if you have register the registration form, buy the given books and start preparation.
Best Quantitative Aptitude Books for IBPS RRB 2017
- Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations (Old Edition) – R.S. Aggarwal High rated and best seller
- Banking Awareness for SBI & IBPS Bank Clerk/ PO/ RRB/ RBI Exams15 June 2017 by Disha Experts High rated and best book seller.
- Fast Track Objective Arithmetic 2017 by Rajesh Verma High Rated
- IBPS BANK CLERK CWE 6 PRELIMINARY + MAIN 2016, 5 Prev. Yrs Solved Papers (inlc. 2011 to 2015), Practice Sets with Solutions (Second Edition)
- Guide To Ibps Rrb (For Officers Scale 1, 2 & 3) With Dvd 22 April 2016
by Varun Gupta High Rated
So these are the best books for preparation of IBPS RRB. As you know numberless aspirants are going to sit in this examination. So competition level will be high. You have to prepare well for this examination. Cut off of previous exams are too high specially for General Category. List of previous year cut off of IBPS RRB are given below.
Category Overall Cut off(Out of 80)
Category Overall Cut off (Out of 80)
As you see cut off previous year is too high specially in UP. So you have to work hard and for quantitative aptitude section practice is very necessary. Practice makes man perfect. As competition level is too high, you have to be perfect for this examination. So buy the best book which are given above and start preparation. If you have any question about this examination, please comment below.