There are as many different ways to study as there are different people. The trick is to find the study tips that work best for you. The following list are tips that have worked best for the greatest number of people. Some of them may work for you, some of them won’t but try them all and work out your own study plan. These study tips can be very helpful in IBPS Specialist officer, IBPS PO, SBI PO and SSC Graduate Level exam which are coming in next 2 months. However, these tips are for all exams, for all school and college students.
1. Study in the same place – Find a quiet place, away from distractions, with ample room to wok. Once you have found it, study at the same place every time. It could be a desk in your bedroom, the kitchen table or the local library. Laying down on yourbed or sprawled across the living room rug are generally not good study places.
2. Study at the same time. – Figure out what time of day you can concentrate best, and what works into your schedule. Use that time every day to study. Try to make sure it is not too late in the evening.
3. Use a homework box – Keep all your homework supplies in one place, ready to be used. Keep them organized, and you won’t need to waste your time searching for supplies.
4. Cut out all distractions – You need to be able to concentrate on your homework and nothing else. The TV should be off, other people’s conversations should be in another room, music should be turned down, and phone calls should betaken after you have finished studying. Any other thoughts in your mind should also be set aside for a later time.
5. Do the Hard stuff first – If you are dreading a particular assignment or know it requires a lot of extra effort, do it first. Your brain will be fresh. Besides, you won’t have to dwell on it while you are working on other homwork.
6. Schedule Long term projects – Larger projects need to be broken into smaller components to make them manageable. For example, these components could be such things as gathering notes, writing a rough draft, making corrections or additions, writing a bibiography and completing the final copy. Set yourself a deadlin fro completeing each component and make sure you stick to it.
7. Review Regularly – Homework is not jst that which is assigned every night. A regular review of your notes should be a part of your homework plan. This takes just a few minutes each day, but will pay off considerably when it comes to test time.
8. Write up a contract – Sit down with your parents and write up a homework contract at the beginning of each term. This sets out in writing what is expected of each of you and gives all of you input into your homework plan.
9. Schedule each homework session – When you sit down to do your homework, make upa quick schedule as to how you are going to use your time. Break it up into blocks of time thatyou will spend on each task.
10.- Avoid Doing a Marathon – If you have followed the previous tips, this last one should never happen. However, you need to know that marathon study sesssions are the least prooductive way to study.
These are top ten study tips which you should consider. Homework should not be confused with the school or college work. Homework simply implies that what you should do at home. Homework can also be what you decide to study at certain point of time. It should be your daily practice.
If you like the tips above, do share the it with your friends on Facebook and Twitter.