Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) has announced the date of IBPS IT Specialist Officer examination. The online CWE Specialist officer will be conducted on 30/01/2016 & 31/01/2016. Admit card will be released on 19/01/2016.Examination preparation must be started. Exam will be conducted online same as previous years. So we are going to tell you about pattern of exam paper,how to prepare for examination and which book should you buy for preparation?
Pattern of IT Specialist Officer 2016
Below is the pattern of IT Specialist Officer examination. It is very necessary to know on which pattern exam will be conducted in. Although the pattern remains same as that of last year. New candidates should understand the pattern well. You should practice according to the exam pattern. From which you will come to know how question paper will be in examination.
Points to keep in mind –
- Question paper will be objective.
- Duration of examination 120 minutes(2 hour).
- 1/4 mark will be deduct for every wrong question.
Exam paper will be in this order :-
|No. of Questions||Total Marks|
Here is the syllabus of the examination:-
1. Reasoning :- Verbal and non verbal Reasoning will be asked. In verbal -Coding and decoding,Completing number and alphabetical series,Simple arithmetical reasoning, Analogies / decision making,relations and ranking,Classification, odd one out, time sequence test,analytical reasoning,directions/distance sense test, input /output /seating arrangements etc.
In non verbal- reasoning – series completion, finding missing figures, Mirror Images etc.
2. English language:- Reading comprehension, fill in the blanks, sentence corrections, Para jumbles, Vocabulary, Grammar Corrections, Identification of Errors, sentence corrections, Vocabulary, Grammar Corrections, Identification Of Errors, Synonyms/ Antonyms, Choosing the appropriate word and Spelling Check questions.
3.Quantitative Aptitude:- Number system, decimal fractions, Ratio and proportions, Percentage, Time and distance, Time and work, Speed and Distance, Profit and loss, Average, Simple and compound interest, Data Interpretation and sufficiency includes Data Tables, Charts and Graphs, and Probability
4.Professional Knowledge:-C Programming Basics, MS Office, Windows OS and Programming, DBMS, Data Communication & Networking , Network Security, Web Technologies, Basic Programming concepts, Basics of hardware (Microprocessor, timer, ALU etc. ), Software Engineering.
Because of fierce competition in IT specialist officer exam, you have to prepare well. For preparing well, you have to buy best books for preparation. We have prepared a list of 5 best books in the market right now that will help you in you preparation.
Best Books for IBPS IT Specialist Officers 2016:-
- Professional Knowledge for IBPS/ SBI Specialist IT Officer Exam 2015
- IBPS-CWE Specialist Officer 101 Speed Tests – Agriculture/ Marketing/ IT
- IBPS-CWE Specialist Officer Cadre IT OFFICER Scale I&II Recruitment Exam
- IBPS Specialist Officers I.T. Officers CWE SPL – 4 Common Written Examination for IT Officer (Scale-1) & IT Officer…
- IBPS Specialist Officer CWE SPL-IV common written examination I.T. OFFICER Practice Work Book
For the best preparation buy the above books. You need to practice well to clear the cutoff of IT specialist officer. Here is the cutoff for all categories of last year 2015:
General SC OBC ST
IBPS IT Specialist Officer 104 90 98 77
As you can see the cutoff is pretty high for general category that’s why you need to give you best shot. Professional knowledge section should be given extra attention from your side as it carries the maximum marks in the examination. If you are weak in computers then you must buy a professional knowledge book for preparation. We will be uploading free pdf material to download in few days. Previous years sample papers will also be available for download on this website.