Institute of Banking Personnel Selection has released the notification of RRB. So it’s time to start preparation . As the examination of IBPS RRB is a toughest competitive examination so you have to be prepared for this examination. You have to make a time table and start study according to it. You have to convert your weakness into your strength.
In this article, We will discuss about General Awareness section. This is the easiest section among all sections but this section requires more observation. You have to read daily news papers and other information relating to market sector, banking sector and worldwide current affairs. Before starting preparation, you have to know about syllabus. As General Awareness based on General Science, History, Geography, Current affairs, Politics. Mainly questions are asked from these topics. I have mentioned some best tips and tricks to clear the examination and also shared some best General Awareness books for preparation of IBPS RRB exams.
Best tips and tricks for General Awareness
- Read daily news paper and update your current affairs on daily basis.
- Just make a note to learn daily current affairs and daily important current affairs.
- Make time table for learning History, politics.
- Learn about government latest scheme as demonetization, SBI interest rate and Swchchhta abhiyan and many others.
- Winning Awards and contribution of award winners.
- Learn famous book’s name and its writer’s name.
- Oscar winner name and Oscar winning films name.
- Make a list of country and its capital name and also list of country and its currency name.
- Learn the list on daily basis, If you read the list daily, it will automatically learn by heart to you.
- Give mock test on computer and increase your speed with best accuracy.
I have mentioned syllabus of General Awareness below so just read it and work hard equally on each sector.
(Indian + World)
People in News,
So as you saw in the syllabus chart, the General awareness syllabus sector is very vast so you have to work hard for preparation of this subject. Preparation of General Awareness is not one day task, you have to study on daily basis and give time to this sector. The best part of this section is:
- You can make more marks in less time because you don’t have to solve it. Just read the question and answer it.
- Low chance of minus marking because once you will read the question, you will come to know weather you know its solution or not. If you know just tick on that option and if you don’t know just leave it and move on to another questions.
- Reading daily news paper can help you to solve most questions of current affairs.
- Some questions as Books and its author, country and it capital or currency can increase your overall marks.
But if you don’t have good books for preparation, you can’t complete your preparation because good books can make easy preparation. So I have given some the best books for the best preparation. You can buy it and make your preparation easy.
Best General Awareness Books for IBPS RRB 2017
- Kiran’s SSC General Awareness Chapterwise & Typewise Solved Papers 1999 – April 2017 – English Get Free CD & Scratch Card – 1912 2017 by Kiran Prakashan and Pratiyogita Kiran (27% off)
- SSC General Awareness Topic-wise Latest 35 Solved Papers (2010-2016)27 January 2017 by Disha Experts (46% off)
- General Science Guide for Competitive Exams – CSAT/NDA/CDS/Railways/SSC/UPSC/State PSC/Defence14 February 2017
by Disha Experts
- The Pearson Concise General Knowledge Manual 2016
by Edgar Thorpe & Showick Thorpe
Here are some best current affairs books for preparation of IBPS RRB
- Current Affairs (Ardhvarshik) 20172017
by Arihant Expert
- Manorama Yearbook 20175 December 2016
by Mammen Mathew
- General Knowledge 2017: Latest Current Affairs & Who’s Who2017
by RPH Editorial Board
- General Knowledge for All (English)2017
by RPH Editorial Board
As you know competition level is very high for this exam. So it will be very high specially for General Category. So start your preparation according to syllabus. If you face any problem, please comment in comment box. We will assist you and try to solve your problem. Best of Luck.