Institute of Banking Personnel Selection has announced the examination of RRB. Registration has been started from 24-July-2017 to 14-August-2017. Aspirant who wants to make their in banking sector can submit their registration form. There are almost 15300+ vacancies available. So if you want to make carrier in banking sector, just fill the registration form and start preparation. It is not easy task to clear the RRB but if you have determined to clear the examination, no one can stop you. As competition level is too high so you have to work hard to clear the examination.
Preparation is not one day work. You have to study continuously and you have to convert your weak point into strong point. For complete study, you need best books for preparation. In this article, we will discuss about Reasoning section of IBPS RRB examination. Before starting preparation, You have to know about its syllabus and paper pattern and also some best books for preparation. So first of all, Lets know about Reasoning Syllabus of IBPS RRB exam.
Syllabus IBPS RRB Examination for Reasoning Abilities
Reasoning is very scoring section but if you do not prepare well, it can be time taking section. Reasoning needs more and more practice and accuracy. You don’t need to study out of course. So start preparation according to it’s syllabus. Syllabus and pattern IBPS RRB examination are given below. There are two sections and each section contain 40 questions. In IBPS RRB prelims, only reasoning and quantitative aptitude questions are asked. As I have discuss about Quantitative aptitude before so you can read it by clicking the link which is given below.
1. Coded inequalities/ Mathematical inequalities:- There are only five questions are asked from this chapter. This chapter is very scoring and very easy if the question is solve properly. It is less time consuming but don’t be overconfident. If you have practice in this section. In this types of questions, you have to decode the questions.
2. Syllogisms:- Almost five questions are asked from this chapter. If you have practice well for this types of question Because these types of questions need high accuracy, you will surely solve. If you once solve the question, you can get 5 numbers easily. There are two or three types of questions appear in this exam as- Direct question with 2 or 3 and 2 statement and 2 and 3 conclusion, possibilities based questions or negative based questions.
3. Coding-Decoding:- Almost five questions are asked from this chapter. Coding by letter shifting, Coding by Analogy, Coding in fictitious language, coding letter of words are the topic which are normally asked in exam paper.These types of questions are normally high time consuming and also need high accuracy. If you have practice well for this types of question, you can solve it quickly.
4.Circular Sitting Arrangement:- Almost five questions are asked from this chapter. Uni-& Bi directional problems on circular, square, Rectangular, Hexagonal Table, and may be combined with other information to make it a double relation are the topic which normally asked in the RRB competitive exams.
5. Linear Sitting Arrangement:- Almost 4 to 5 questions are asked from this chapter. Single or double rows facing each other/ away from each other/in the same direction and may be combine with other information to make it blood relation and lineup type problem as well, are the topic which are asked from this chapter. These types of question are normally time taking but if you practice hard to solve these types of question, you can solve it easily.
6.Blood Relations:- Almost 3 to 5 questions are asked from this chapter. Family tree problem and coded blood relation are the two topics which are normally asked form this chapter. This chapter needs sharp mind and practice. If you have practice on this chapter, you solve it easily.
7.Directions and Distances:- Almost 3 to 5 questions are asked from this chapter. Arrange by age/ rank/weight/order in row are the topic which are asked from this chapter. These types of questions are normally easy but sometime it could be tricky so you have solve it carefully. It is less time consuming if you solve it by proper method. Practice will make difference among you and other competitor.
8.Ordering and Ranking:- Almost 2 to 5 questions are asked from this chapter. The questions are based on normally floor based on puzzles, Arranging by age, height, weight, Rank, order in rows etc. These types of questions are normally less time consuming and need high accuracy. This chapter also need some practice and also follow the tricks which are told you by your teachers.
9. Arrangement & Pattern:-Almost 3 to 5 questions are asked from this chapter. The questions are normally based on Random sequence of Alphabets, Number Arrangements, Mixed series Dictionary or Alphabet based arrangements etc. These types of questions are normally easy to solve but if you have not practice hard, it can be time consuming. So practice well for these types of questions.
10. Double Lineup:- Almost 5 to 7 questions are asked from this chapter. The questions are normally based on 7 days of week having different ages and are in different profession/ belonging to different cities and like different dishes. Normally these types of questions are easy to solve but need high accuracy.
11.Scheduling:- Almost 5 to 7 questions are asked from this chapter. The questions are asked normally based on 7 different persons work in 3 different department, No more than two works in same department, some of them are male and some female.
12.Analogy:- Almost 0 to 2 questions are asked from this chapter. Meaning based, Letter based, Number based are the topic which are normally asked from this chapter. Sometimes, it is easy to solve these types of questions and sometimes questions are very tricky. So you have practice on this topic.
13.Classification:- Almost 0 to 3 questions are asked from this chapter. Meaning based, letter based, Number based, GK based, Number based are topic which are normally asked from this chapter.
I have given some best books for the best preparation. If you have the best books for preparation, your work will be half because good books provide good information and the best tricks to solve any questions. So you can buy the best books which are given below. These books are high rated and by the best writers.
Best Reasoning Abilities Books for IBPS RRB Competitive Examination.
- A New Approach to REASONING Verbal & Non-VerbalNovember 2014
by B.S. Sijwalii and Indu Sijwali 37% off
- Banking Awareness for SBI & IBPS Bank Clerk/ PO/ RRB/ RBI Exams15 June 2017
by Disha Experts 10% off
- Reasoning (A Master Book For BANK PO/MT EXAM) (LOGIC LEGEND Series)2016
by Sanjeev Sharma (IIT Roorkee)
- General Intelligence and Reasoning ( Verbal and Nonverbal ) Paperback – 2017 Limited buy soon.
- Kiran’s Bank Clerk Reasoning Chapterwise Solved papers 2003 To Till Date (English)2016
by kiran Limited, buy soon
So these are the best Reasoning books for preparation any competitive exams. These books are very high rated and has good review. As you know many candidates are going to take part in this examination. So competition level has become more tougher. It is important to be prepared well. The cut off was very high in previous year specially for general category. List of previous year cut off of IBPS RRB are given below.
Category Overall Cut off(Out of 80)
Category Overall Cut off (Out of 80)
Practice is key to success for any competitive exams. So if you practice every chapter hard, you can become an employee of banking sector soon. Speed with accuracy is very important in all these competitive exams. If you want to ask any question about this exam, please comment in the comment box. Best of luck.