Indian Air Force has been release a notification of AFCAT (Air Force Common Admission Test) to join as commissioned officers in flying, Ground duty (technical) and ground duty (non-technical) branches. So candidates who want to make their career in Air Force can apply online. It is best opportunity to make career in Indian defence. It is very prestigious job for an Indian. So you can also be the part of Indian defence by applying online. Online Registration has been start from 3rd December 2016 and you can apply till 29th December 2016.
Some Important dates of AFCAT (Air Force Common Admission Test):-
Starting date of online registration:- 3rd December 2016.
Last date of online registration:- 29th December 2016.
Date of examination (Tentative):- 26 February 2017.
For more details about Age limit, Education qualification, and how to apply and other information about AFCAT click on link given below.
Examination Pattern and Syllabus of AFCAT (Air Force Common Admission Test):-
Exam pattern of AFCAT (Air Force Common Admission Test):-
There will be 100 questions in total. For every right answer, the candidates will be offered three marks and one mark will be deducted for every wrong answer.
The Duration of the examination is two hours.
There will be Four Sections in the question paper-
1) General Awareness,
2) Verbal Ability,
3) Numerical Ability,
5) Aptitude Test
Syllabus of AFCAT (Air Force Common Admission Test):-
1) General Awareness – If you have work hard and read daily GK updates and you have best books for studying Indian politics and history then General affairs is very scoring section. WE have provided some good books for the best preparation. We update daily current affairs on this site so you can read from here. Syllabus of General awareness of AFCAT examination is given below –
Politics, Current Affairs, Culture, Art, Defence, Basic Science, Civics, Environment, Geography, Sports, History etc.
Some the best General awareness books for the best preparation:-
- General Knowledge 2017 by Manohar Pandey Best seller (40% off)
- General Knowledge 2017 Essential ‘Knowledge Capsule’ in General Awareness & Current Affairs by Manohar Pandey best seller (36% off)
- Concise General Knowledge Manual 2017 by Thorpe & Thorpe
2) Verbal Ability in English – English is very essential for every competitive exam. You have to study hard and learn daily basic. You have to learn antonyms, synonyms and one word substitute. If you read daily English news paper, books and other material then vocabulary will automatically come to you and you will never miss. We have given some best books of one word substitute and English language. So you can buy best books for the best preparation. Syllabus of verbal ability in English language for AFCAT is given below :-
Antonyms, Testing of Vocabulary, Synonyms, Sentence Completion, Error Detection and Comprehension.
Some best English language books for preparation of AFCAT:-
- English Grammar & Composition Very Useful for All Competitive Examinations by S.C. Gupta (44% off)
- Objective English for Competitive Examination by Hari Mohan Prasad and Uma Sinha (39% off)
- DESCRIPTIVE ENGLISH (For All Competitive Examinations) 2016 by S.J. Thakur and S.K. Rout
- Idioms, Phrases and One Word Substitution – For All Competitive Exams (10% 0ff)
Click on link below for synonyms and antonyms PDF;-
3) Numerical Ability – Numerical ability means Quantitative aptitude. Quantitative aptitude means more practice. So you have to daily practice for this section. Practice is very important for quantitative aptitude. If you have any confusion in any numerical then ask to your teacher because in this age of competition, one question can make big difference from your competitor. So practice daily. It is very important to buy best books for preparation of quantitative aptitude. We have given some best books for the best preparation . Syllabus of Numerical Ability for AFCAT is given below:-
Simple Interest, Ratio & Proportion, Percentage, Profit & Loss, Average, Simplification and Decimal Fraction.
Some Best numerical ability books for the best preparation:-
- Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations by R.S. Aggarwal (48% off) Best seller
- Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examination by Abhijit Guha (38% off)
- Magical Book on Quicker Maths by Tyra (42% off) best seller
4) Reasoning and Military Aptitude Test – Reasoning is very scoring section but it need more practice for increasing your solving speed. It is very important to focus on this section because it very scoring section. It is very important to buy best for best preparation. We have given some best books for the best preparation.
Verbal Skills and Spatial Ability.
Some best Reasoning books for the best preparation;-
- A New Approach to REASONING Verbal & Non-Verbal by B.S. Sijwalii and Indu Sijwali (41% off)
- A Modern Approach to Logical Reasoning by R.S. Aggarwal (46% off)
- Master the Military Flight Aptitude Tests best seller
So these are the best books for AFCAT preparation. It is very important to practice daily in every section. So buy books and start preparation. Indian air force good place to serve our country. So fill registration form official website make your time table and start preparation. good luck.