Current affairs is most important section which is very difficult if you do not update it date by date. if you want to make it easy then you have update it day by day. Almost GK has become an essential part of every competitive exam. So if you are preparing for competitive exam then read daily news paper and Gk updates. We updates daily Gk updates date by date. you can read here daily GK updates. Today’s GK updates is below –
Here is Today’s GK updates:-
- The Budget session of Parliament convened to start from January 31, a day before the Union Budget is likely to be presented. President Pranab Mukherjee has summoned the Rajya Sabha to meet on January 31, 2017. A similar notification is also expected from the Lok Sabha secretariat.
- China is setting up the world’s highest altitude gravitational wave telescopes in a Tibet prefecture close to Line of Actual Control with India with a budget of $18.8 million to detect faintest echoes resonating from the universe which may reveal more about the Big Bang theory. Construction has started for the first telescope, code-named Ngari No 1, 30 km south of Shiquanhe Town in Ngari Prefecture, said Yao Yongqiang chief researcher with the National Astronomical Observatories of the Chinese Academy of Sciences.
- China’s Central Bank says, the country’s foreign currency reserves shrank last year, marking large annual losses for the 2nd year in a row. Officials at the People’s Bank of China said that foreign reserves stood at over three trillion dollars as of the end of December, 2016. For the year as a whole, China’s foreign exchange reserve fell nearly 320 billion dollars from a year earlier, following a drop of more than 512 billion dollars in 2015.
- US President-elect Donald Trump has named Dan Coats as his National Intelligence Director. The Indiana ex-senator formerly served on the Senate Intelligence Committee. Mr Coats would provide unwavering leadership and spearhead his administration’s ceaseless vigilance against those who seek to do them harm.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his Portuguese counterpart Dr Antonio Costa has inaugurated the main convention of Pravasi Bhartiya Divas this morning (08th January 2017) in Bengaluru.
- Indian tennis ace Sania Mirza picked up her first title of the season, combining with American Bethanie Mattek-Sands to lift the Brisbane International women’s doubles title. The top-seeded Indo-American duo triumphed 6-2 6-3 against the second-seeded Russian team of Ekaterina Makarova and Elena Vesnina in the final.
- Novak Djokovic has won the Qatar Open tennis title. In an epic final in Doha, the Serbian defeated Andy Murray of UK by 6-3 5-7 6-4.
Here are some best books of General Knowledge for competition 2016-17:-