Current affairs is most important section which is very difficult if you do not update it date by date. if you want to make it easy then you have update it day by day. Almost GK has become an essential part of every competitive exam. So if you are preparing for competitive exam then read daily news paper and Gk updates. We updates daily Gk updates date by date. you can read here daily GK updates. Today’s GK updates is below –
Here is Today’s GK updates:-
- .The Reserve Bank of India has appointed Surekha Marandi as its Executive Director (ED) in place of U S Paliwal, who retired on December 31, 2016.
- The United Nations 70th General Assembly has recognised the year 2017 as the International Year of Sustainable Tourism for Development.
- The Election Commission of India has issued a limitation for campaign expense per candidate.In Goa and Manipur, the limit on election expenses per candidate is Rs 20 lakh.
In Punjab, Uttar Pradesh and Uttarakhand the election expenses limit per candidate is Rs 28 lakh.
- State-owned fuel retailers, Indian Oil Corporation (IOC), Bharat Petroleum Corp Ltd (BPCL) and Hindustan Petroleum Corp Ltd (HPCL) will offer an upfront discount of Rs 5 on every LPG refill to all LPG customers who will book and pay for it online.
- Prime Minister Modi released special commemorative stamps on Prakash Parv in 350th birth anniversary of Guru Gobind Singh in Patna on 5 January 2017.
- Telangana and Assam signed memoranda of understanding (MoUs) to join the Ujwal Discom Assurance Yojna (UDAY) taking the total number of states covered under the scheme to 20.
- The Supreme Court of India has stripped Anurag Thakur of his powers as BCCI President for not complying with the orders of the apex court with regard to implementation of the Lodha committee reforms.
- The two day Assam Biotech Conclave began today in Guwahati.Chief Minister Sarbanand Sonowal inaugurated the conclave in presence of Science and Technology minister Keshab Mahanta.
- For the benefit of voters, candidates, election staff as well as the Election Commission of India (ECI), the district administration of Ludhiana has developed a mobile application named ECI360.
- Private lender Yes Bank has entered into a tie-up with Bajaj Electricals for vendor financing using blockchain solution, and announced to use the technology more aggressively as it saves over 70 per cent in cost.
- .Mobile commerce and payments company Paytm has got the final permission to open a payments bank by RBI.
- Munich Re is opening a composite branch office in Mumbai to service the property-casualty, life, health reinsurance markets across the country.
- Solar power producer Azure Power commissioned 150 MW solar power project in Punjab, which is its largest in North India.
- Five Indian Americans Takes Oath as Members of US Congress. They are Kamala Harris, Ami Bera, Ro Khanna, Raja Krishnamoorthi and Pramila Jayapal.
- Jovenel Moise has been elected as the President of Haiti. The electoral tribunal officially declared the winner on 3 January 2017.
- MS Dhoni has stepped down as the captain of India’s limited-overs sides. He will, however, be available for the selection for the upcoming England ODI and T20I series starting 15 January 2017.
- ndia’s women’s football team defeated Bangladesh 3-1 in Siliguri to win the 2016 South Asian Football Federation Women’s Championship for the fourth consecutive time.
- Arthur Morris, who became the 82nd player to be inducted into the ICC Cricket Hall of Fame, was given the honour posthumously.
- On the direction of the Apex court, Odisha Cricket Association (OCA) secretary Ashirbad Behera, president Ranjib Biswal and all OCA office-bearers quit from their posts.
- Here are some best books of General Knowledge for competition 2016-17:-