Current affairs is most important section which is very difficult if you do not update it date by date. if you want to make it easy then you have update it day by day. Almost GK has become an essential part of every competitive exam. So if you are preparing for competitive exam then read daily news paper and Gk updates. We updates daily Gk updates date by date. you can read here daily GK updates. Today’s GK updates is below –
Here is Today’s GK updates:-
- Cabinet has approved signing and ratifying an agreement between India and Uruguay regarding cooperation and mutual assistance in Customs Matters.
- The Election Commission today announced the dates for the assembly elections in five states Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Punjab, Manipur and Goa.ii. Uttar Pradesh, the biggest state in the country, will go to polls in seven phases for 403 seats on 11th February, 15th February, 19th February, 23rd February, 27th February, 4th March and on 8th March.
- Encouraging firms to enrol their workers under schemes run by retirement fund body Employees Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO), a three-month campaign has been launched beginning 1 January 2017 where employers will get amnesty and pay just Re 1 as damages for not registering their employees earlier.
- Justice Jagdish Singh Khehar has been sworn-in as the 44th Chief Justice of India. President Pranab Mukherjee administered the oath of office and secrecy to Justice Khehar at a function in Rashtrapati Bhawan on 4 January 2017.
- In Uttar Pradesh, day-long Digi Dhan Mela is being organised by the central government and the financial institutions in Meerut on 4 January 2017.
- Google India has created two tools My Business and Digital Unlocked for the small and medium businesses in India,that would help to create an online presence, besides a digital training programme.
- The 13th edition of Nepal’s five-day Chitwan Elephant Festival kicked off in Kathmandu with the participation of over 50 elephants.
- Finland has become the first country in the world to pay a basic income to randomly picked citizens on a national level in an aiming at dismissing poverty, motivate people to join work force and decrease unemployment.
- The U.K.’s ambassador to the European Union Ivan Rogers resigned from his post.
- A day after the Supreme Court removed Anurag Thakur and Ajay Shirke as President and Secretary of the BCCI for obstructing Lodha Panel reforms, Karnataka State Cricket Association (KSCA) bearers Brijesh Patel, Ashok Anand and Dayanand Pai, have resigned from the posts of KSCA Secretary, President and Treasurer.
- Seasoned player Mithali Raj will skipper the Indian women’s cricket team for the International Cricket Council (ICC) World Cup qualifiers to be played from February 3 to 21 in Colombo.
- Here are some best books of General Knowledge for competition 2016-17:-