Current affairs is most important section which is very difficult if you do not update it date by date. if you want to make it easy then you have update it day by day. Almost GK has become an essential part of every competitive exam. So if you are preparing for competitive exam then read daily news paper and Gk updates. We updates daily Gk updates date by date. you can read here daily GK updates. Today’s GK updates is below –
Here is Today’s GK updates:-
- .Delhi Lieutenant Governor Najeeb Jung has submitted his resignation to the Government of India.
- Mumbai-based writer Jerry Pinto, Tamil author Vannadhasan, Hindi writer Nasira Sharma are among 24 others declared the winners of the Sahitya Akademi awards 2016.
- Girija Vaidyanathan, Additional Chief Secretary and Commissioner of Land Administration, has been appointed Chief Secretary of Tamil Nadu in place of P. Rama Mohana Rao.
- The Government of India has approved cadre review and formation of the Indian Enterprise Development Service (IEDS) in the Office of the Development Commissioner, Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises.
- Minister for Minority Affairs Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi launched the trilingual website www.haj.gov.in relating to Haj Matters.
- Gujarat government has announced Aerospace and Defence Policy-2016 to attract investment into fields of aerospace and defence design, development and manufacturing in the state.
- As per the report published in Forbes magazine, India has overtaken the United Kingdom in terms of the size of the economy, first time in 150 years.
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has imposed the penalty on five foreign banks, including Deutsche Bank and Standard Chartered Bank, for violation of its instructions on reporting requirements of the FEMA on 21st December 2016.
- With over 10 months to go for the launch of FIFA Under-17 World Cup India 2017, the Bank of Baroda has become the first Indian company to sign up as a national supporter.
- China has inked an agreement with the New development bank (NDB) set up by the BRICS approving a 525 million yuan loan for a solar power project in the country.
- Japan’s space agency has announced successfully launched a 26-metre-long rocket named Epsilon-2, which put a satellite that helps study radiation belts in orbit.
- Iran’s President Hassan Rouhani has unveiled a landmark Bill of rights guaranteeing freedom of speech, protest, fair trials and privacy.
Actress Priyanka Chopra has become the first Indian to be appointed as the global ambassador of the hair care brand ‘Pantene calling the brand a “favourite around the world.
Actor Hrithik Roashan has launched a children’s book series ‘Tactabet’, written in Braille format, which is being published for visually impaired people.
- A 12-year-old Arjun Bhati has outshined India in the Kids Golf World Championship 2016 in Malaysia defeating South Africa’s Methu Denish to secure the first position.
- The Cricket Association of India has organised a 17-member Indian team for the upcoming second T20 cricket World cup for the visually challenged. Here are some best books of General Knowledge for competition 2016-17:-