General Knowledge is very essential for all type of exams such as- SBI PO, IBPS PO, RRB and other competitive exam. In Banking sector questions come from two important topics i.e. current affairs and banking awareness. In SSC exams questions come from General awareness and old History. For preparation of General knowledge and current affairs you have to study daily News paper and good books. You can get 40 to 50 questions in any examination.
The general Knowledge which comes in SSC is very different from bank and insurance exam. General Knowledge is a scoring section. If you read news paper regularly, daily read about banking awareness,Indian history etc then you will get good marks in General Knowledge sections. In SSC exam there will be 15 to 20 questions which come from General Science’s chapter.
Best books for General Awareness:-
- SSC General Awareness – Chapterwise Solved Papers 1997 to till Date (8425+Objective
- Manorama Yearbook 2016 by Manorama
- Guide to Banking General Awareness & Banking Aptitude Test: For All Banking Related Recruitment Exams
- Advanced Objective General Knowledge 11000 + MCQs
- Computer Awareness for General Competitive Exams (Objective with Subjective)
- Objective Question Bank of Computer Awareness for General Competitions
- General Knowledge 2016 by Manohar Pandey
Manorama and GK by Manohar Pandey are famous books which many students prefer.You can purchase anyone of the above book and start preparation. Read daily then you will surely get good marks. In order to get good marks in SSC you need to have good information on history, geography, civics and general science. There are only few questions from current affairs in SSC CGL or SSC CHSL exam. You can skip the current affairs part and concentrate on history and general science part which will give you more marks. As there is no sectional cutoff marks in SSC CGL you should try to get maximum in GK section to increase your overall marks.
We will be uploading some free GK PDF files to download. We will also be uploading previous year question papers of general awareness so that you can get idea about the question appearing in the exam.