Computer knowledge has become an important subject in competitive exams. Basic computer knowledge is very important for all the candidates giving exams now a days. There is always a computer section in every banking and insurance exam. You need to get minimum marks in computer section as well to clear the paper. It does not matter whether you are from technical background or non-technical, the paper is same for every candidate. With regular reading and daily practice on computer topics will make you clear the sectional cut off.
The most important topics that comes in exam :-
- Basic computer terminology.
- Computer hardware parts and controls.
- Number system.
- History of computer.
- Computer abbreviation.
- Software names and usages (Microsoft Office)
- Computer short cuts.
There is sectional cut off of for all sections in every competitive exam.To crack the cutoff marks of computer section you must study hard.Usually when we appear in examination, we face time problem. To get rid of this problem, we have to manage time according to section. When we read question paper, it seems that we know most of questions but not clearly.
You won’t get confused if you have enough time. Normally you can allot 15-20 minutes on the computer section depending upon how much good you are in other sections. So manage your time, read the questions carefully and answer the best possible answer. Below few good computer books are mentioned which will help you in the preparation.
Best Computer Books for Competitive Exams
- Computer Awareness for General Competitive Exams (Objective with Subjective) Paperback – 2015
- Computer knowledge Quick Reference Book Paperback – 2015
- Computer Awareness Reference Manual for IBPS’ CWE
- Advanced Objective General Knowledge 11000 + MCQs (For All Competitive Examination,)
- Computer Knowledge for SBI/ IBPS Clerk/ PO/ RRB/ RBI/ SSC/ Insurance Exams
If you want to clear the cutoff marks of computer knowledge then buy one of the above books and study it regularly. We will be uploading some free PDF files to download. We will also be uploading previous year question papers of computer so that you can get an idea about the questions appearing in the exam.