IBPS is conducting exams for the post of specialist officer, probationary officer and clerk cadres. In this year 2013, IBPS is conducting Specialist officer exam for various posts such as IT officer, technical officer, law, marketing and HR.
I believe that you already know the pattern of the specialist officer exams. If you don’t know about the pattern, then refer to following links below:
- IBPS Exam Pattern for Specialist Officer 2013
- IBPS Exam Pattern for IT Officer
- IBPS Exam Pattern for Technical Officer
Now, you know the pattern.
So, What are your plans to crack the IBPS specialist officer exam and get into the interview list this year?
You will be getting 200 questions in 4 different section in the paper and you will be having only 120 minutes to solve them. Solving 200 questions is almost impossible for an average student. If you are too bright then you can reach the maximum number of questions.
Here are my few Tips and Techniques to Crack the IBPS Exam:-
Time management is very very essential in this exam as we have very limited amount of time and we have to attempt too many questions. Solving more than a question per minute is really a challenging task specially in the reasoning section and the aptitude section.
If you are from IT, Technical , HR, Agricultural, Finance executive then it’s going to be more tough to solve the questions in the limited time.
Here is the plan as how to solve the IBPS Exam:-
1. Attempt the Professional Knowledge Section First - Professional knowledge questions asked are basically from theory. You don’t have to do any calculations in that section. So, one thing is clear if you don’t know the answer then move to the next question. If you know the answer, tick it fast. Try to solve 3 questions in a minute.
- Total number of questions = 50
- 3 Questions in 1 Minute = Take Max 20 Minutes
In this section, you need to attempt all the questions because it’s a scoring section and secondly you need a overall cut off score beside cut off scores in each section. So as to clear the overall cut off score, you need to score more in this scoring section.
2. Attempt General Awareness / English Second- For the Post of Law officer and Raj Bhasha Adhikari, there is general awareness in the IBPS paper. There are total of 50 questions in this section. General awareness along with banking awareness is also a scoring section. Attempt all and if you don’t know just leave the question to avoid negative markings.
For IT, Technical and other officers - Attempt Test of English section. This section is scoring for all those who have a good command on English. But in order to get section cut off marks, attempt atleast 35-40 questions in not more than 30 minutes. If you do maximum questions right, you will get more than section cut off marks.
3. Attempt Quantitative Aptitude / English Third - For the Post of IT officer, Technical Officer and others of same category, you must attempt Quantitative Aptitude after English. This section is one of the deciding section for many candidates so if you score good marks in aptitude then surely you will make it to the interview list.
- Number of Questions : 50
- Total time that you must take : 35 Minutes
For LAW and RAJ Bhasha Adhikari - Attempt Test of English section after previous two. You can easily score good marks in this section. Take not more than 35 minutes.
4. Attempt Test of Reasoning - Reasoning is the section which is going to take most of your time. Secondly you can not take the chance to do it fast. So you need to be careful while attempting reasoning section. For IT Posts and others, you still have 35 minutes left and you can easily score the cut off marks for this section. For LAW and others, you can easily attempt questions as you have more time. Scoring the cut off score for this section should be your only AIM. Trying too much in this section will eat your time and will effect overall paper.
Rest is up to you. If you want to crack IBPS Specialist Paper and want to score good marks, then attempt the way I just explained above.
So, If you are planning to crack the exam, then start preparing for the best and do share your views.