Staff selection commission has announced the examination of stenographer on 24/01/2016. SSC Stenographer is a 12th standard examination. In this exam the questions are cleverly asked. If you study hard and practice many times then you will be able to clear the examination. Study each and every minute point. Those will help you in solving questions speedily with accuracy and save your time during the examination.
It is very important to know about the basic concept of each point and command on that. Do not be over confident as – I know it, I will solve it easily etc. never do that things. Practice regularly and solve previous year paper. Practice and set timer of 2 hour. It will help you come to know about your strength and weakness. Convert your weakness into your strength. Practice daily previous paper at least one time in a day. Daily practice saves your time during the examination. Below are some of the best books available online for SSC stenographer exam.
Best books for SSC Stenographer examination –
- 20 Practice Sets – SSC Stenographer (Grade C and D) Recruitment Exam – 14% Discount
- 20 Practice Sets SSC Stenographer (Grade ‘C’ and ‘D’) Bharti Pariksha (HINDI) – 25% Discount
- SSC Stenographer Grade ‘C’ and Grade ‘D’ Practice Work Book including Solved Papers by Kiran Prakashan
- SSC STENOGRAPHERS GRADE C & D EXAM (Hindi)
These are good books for preparation of SSC stenographer. You can take practice sets as only few days are left for the examination.
Syllabus of SSC Stenographer:-
1. General Intelligence and reasoning:- analogies, similarities and differences, space visualization, problem solving, analysis, judgment, decision making, visual memory, discriminating observation, relationship concepts, arithmetical reasoning, verbal and figure classification, arithmetical number series, non-verbal series etc..
2. General awareness:- current affairs, Indian history, sports, Culture, Geography, Economic scene, General Polity including Indian Constitution, and Scientific Research etc.
3. English language and comprehension:- vocabulary, grammar, sentence structure, synonyms, antonyms and its correct usage etc..
Pattern of SSC stenographer examination:-
1. Question paper will be objective.
2. Duration of time will be two hour.
3. 0.25 marks will be deducted for every wrong question.
4. Question paper will be in three parts
Part (a) – General Intelligence and reasoning – 50 marks
Part (b) – General awareness – 50 marks
Part (C) – English language and comprehension – 100 marks
Here is the cut off marks of previous year:-
Stenographer cut off marks 2014 grade C
Category SC ST OBC UR
Cut off marks 114.5 104.7 121.2 130.75
Stenographer cut off marks for Grade D
Category SC ST OBC UR
Cut off marks 81.50 70.25 85.75 102.00
As you see the cut off marks is pretty high of previous year specially general category. To clear the the cut off marks you need to practice well. Practice regularly to score good marks as competition is very high even for stenographers post. Graduate people also give this exam making it even more competitive. Start solving previous year papers and practice sets till examination. SSC is also going to conduct Electrical Junior Engineer, SI ASI CISF and Mechanical Junior Engineer exam as well.