Current affairs is most important section which is very difficult if you do not update it date by date. if you want to make it easy then you have update it day by day. Almost GK has become an essential part of every competitive exam. So if you are preparing for competitive exam then read daily news paper and Gk updates. We updates daily Gk updates date by date. you can read here daily GK updates. Today’s GK updates is below –
Here is Today’s GK updates:-
- Remembering Rajendra Prasad, the first President of Independent India on the 131st birth anniversary on 03rd December 2016, Prime Minister Narendra Modi said the nation bow to him for his inspirational guidance in the time when India was getting freedom.
- International Day of Persons with Disabilities being observed on 03rd December 2016.Disability Day is a day that has been promoted by the United Nations since 1992. The aim of Disability Day is to encourage a better understanding of people affected by a disability, together with helping to make people more aware of the rights, dignity and welfare of disabled people, as well as raise awareness about the benefits of integrating disabled persons into every aspect of life.
RBI defers mandatory implementation of Aadhar-enabled PoS (Point of Sale) devices till June 30,2017. The RBI said banks, authorised card payment networks and white-label ATM operators have time till June 30, 2017, for deployment of Aadhaar-enabled devices. The central bank said the rate of deployment of acceptance infrastructure has slowed owing to the mismatch between demand and supply of such Aadhaar-enabled devices. As there is currently a limited capacity to produce such devices.
Airtel Payments Bank, the first payments bank in India introduce that any customer opening a savings account with it will get one minute of talk time on his/her Airtel mobile for every rupee deposited.
- Edible oil firm Ruchi Soya Industries in association with State Bank of India (SBI) launched an initiative to provide banking assistance to farmers.
- A 16-year-old Indian girl based in the UAE has won this year’s International Children’s Peace Prizevfor her fight for climate justice and combating environmental degradation. Kehkashan Basu waspresented the award by Nobel peace laureate Muhammad Yunus at The Hague. At the age of 12, Kehkashan founded her organisation Green Hope, which now has operations in over 10 countries.
- The Indira Gandhi International Airport in New Delhi is the 22nd most connected airport in the world, according to air travel intelligence company OAG. Mumbai Airport has been ranked 28th,
- Basketball player LeBron James has been chosen as the Sports Illustrated’s Sportsperson of the Year, becoming the second athlete ever to win the award twice. James edged out Usain Bolt, Phelps, Premier League champions Leicester City, among others. James had led his team Cleveland Cavaliers to the 2016 NBA title and was named NBA Finals Most Valuable Player (MVP).
A Spanish city has changed its name for the third time in a decade, renaming itself Palma from Palma de Mallorca. The regional government voted for the name change, claiming the “de Mallorca” tag to be a leftover from Spain’s centralist past. The city was renamed Palma in 2008, but its name was changed to Palma de Mallorca in 2012.
- Jamaican sprinter Usain Bolt won the International Association of Athletics Federations’ award for male athlete of the year for a record sixth time on Friday. He last won the award in 2013, while his first win came in 2008. Bolt, who is undefeated this season in all distances, completed his ‘triple-triple’ of 100-metres, 200-metres and 4×100-metres Olympic golds in August.
Kolkata, along with 10 other cities from across the globe, has been honoured with the best cities of 2016 award in recognition of its programme on solid waste
management. Kolkata, the only Indian city to win the honour, received the award during the C40 Mayors Summit held in Mexico. Other cities which won the award include Copenhagen, Sydney, and Paris.
Ramkrishna unexpectedly quit as chief executive officer of National Stock Exchange (NSE) , ending her 24-year career at the country’s largest bourse that she helped found. Ramkrishna, who took over as head of the exchange in 2013, quit due to personal reasons, J Ravichandran, group president, will be in charge till the board appoints a new CEO.
Here are some best books of General Knowledge for competition 2016-17:-
- General Knowledge ( Best book seller 38% off)
- Manorama Yearbook 2016 ( High rated 30%)
- General Knowledge 2017 7 March 2016 by Manohar Pandey (40 % off)
- General Knowledge 2016 by GKP (60% off)